Am I a spiritual being?

Photo by: Cahit Gürel

Currently, my life is a big question mark. I’ve got questions and I yearn for answers.

Is there really a grand scheme of things?

Are we born with a destiny to fulfill?

If so, what’s the use of forcing certain things we think should happen to happen?

If all things come at the right time,

then why do we constantly worry about the future?

And what do we do during the intervals,

while we wait for those predestined things to occur?

Am I just wasting my time in seeking my purpose?

Do we even have a purpose? If so,

Do you find your purpose or do you create it?

If you’re supposed to find it, how do you go about it?

If you’re supposed to create it, how do you go about it?

Is there a Universal Force, a Great Creator, a Divine Source?

Or, is it really just us

Humans of skin and bone?

Is there really something spiritual about us and what about Mother Earth?

Or, am I kidding myself by not facing the cold, hard facts that

this is it, this is our reality.

I have a lot of questions.

Are we really a soul living inside a temporary body?

Are we really eternal?

Or, does it all end once you’re buried 6 feet under?

Are we really all one and the same?

Are we really all connected?

If so, then why do I feel so separate?

Is there really no magic in us?

Are we really just a brain, an arm, and a leg?

Is there really a calling?

Is the voice I’m hearing someone’s other than my own?

Or, am I just a raving lunatic talking to myself?

Intuition or Institutional?

Spiritual: creative, connected, enlightened, eternal beings?

Or

Physical: material, logical, mortal, uninspired things?

These are the questions that I face, this is why I do creative soul searching. We all have similar questions, we all seek answers, but do we all do the soul searching?

Instead of worrying about material comforts, physical pleasures, and instant gratifications, why don’t we ask What if?

What if, we really are magnificent, creative, creatures, brought to this moment in time for a purpose, we owe it to ourselves to find the answers.

I would hate myself for passing up the opportunity to uncover an eternal fountain of joy, fulfillment, and abundance just because I think I know it all and every other possibility is just New Age fanaticism.

What is your question?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: , , Spirituality

Author:raimyd

My name is Raimy, I’m a creative writer and a student of philosophy. Creative-guru.com is a by-product of a deep creative passion for personal and spiritual growth. Ever since I can remember I’ve been trying to find myself, who am I and what is my purpose. Self-knowledge was fleeting at best, I’d catch glimpses every now and then while fidgeting in my best lotus seating position. Eventually I discovered that though long and silent periods of meditation can do wonders for the soul, there are other fun and creative means for self-discovery. Today some of my favorite mediums include abstract painting, dancing, color meditation, and poetry. The goal is to be able to answer with certain honesty what is your passion, what truly gives you pleasure, how can you make a difference, and how will you be remembered?

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

34 Comments on “Am I a spiritual being?”

1. eldinsmille
    March 30, 2013 at 10:41 am

Answer to your questions: NO!

• eldinsmille
      March 30, 2013 at 10:43 am

…there is No bigger force that drives the universe! It´s just a chance! An accident!

• eldinsmille
        March 30, 2013 at 10:44 am

…coincidence…

(wordpress has some problems lately!)

• March 31, 2013 at 3:47 pm

You seem very confident about this, how did you arrive at this understanding? I’m really curious to know how you developed your beliefs.

• eldinsmille
        March 31, 2013 at 4:25 pm

…very long story…

• March 31, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I’m sure of it, that would make for an interesting post.

2. March 30, 2013 at 11:35 am

The most valuable place to find this moment is the present moment, it will show you the background energy in motion of your existence. It requires sometimes letting go of content that has kept you from yourself. It isn’t that you are awake when your mind keeps you in bondage, it is the essence of energy that you are that touches lives. Your so passionately deeply embedded in love, you can see it in the words you placed here, that you seek inside you. It is brilliant that you ask and you see as you do. Yet without the other the content that truly keeps you from this purpose you have done so by awakening others who read this and fall in the moment of love with you. That is magical as much as it is wonderful. Thank you for the reminder. CK

• March 31, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I really like how you express yourself, such a difficult notion to grasp, your words are clarifying and illuminating. The present moment eludes me sometimes, but I’m learning to stay grounded. What do you do to stay grounded in the present moment and to let go of the things that keep us from ourselves? Have you written something recently about this?

• March 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Grounded… Who told you that you need to be grounded? Aren’t you ready to take flight? If you want to embrace all your pain it is nothing more than gravity… Yet you can use that gravity as energy to crack the foundation in lift off to take flight. Love moves as you do it always has! ;) braking the chains of thought needs one thing .. Your presents not your absents… If you know you can repeat a thought know you have the power to change it! ;)

• March 31, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Genius, not grounded but present! I’m ready to embrace :-)

• March 31, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Take flight then Wonder Woman… You always had this within you.. I’m just here to point to the truth that is already within you!!

3. March 30, 2013 at 12:01 pm

You have so many questions and I think we all have questions and I do not pretend to know all the answers but I am going to try to answer all of your questions one by one. Thanks for the great post idea. So later today or tomorrow I will publish my responses to each of your questions. Thank you again for the great post idea. This blog is always a great fertile ground for me to think. Thanks Raimy-D. :-)

• March 31, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Jonathan, I look forward to reading your post. I always learn something from reading your blog, I value your perspective and words of wisdom. So I’m heading over to your blog now to catch up on all the awesome posts I haven’t read yet.

• March 31, 2013 at 4:43 pm

The knowledge is a two way street my friend! I get a great post after everything I read from you! So write more!! :-)

• March 31, 2013 at 4:50 pm

thanks, I will :-)

4. March 30, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I believe there is a being that created us all. I believe in mother nature , we need to treat her better, we as humans have raped, scarred and abused her for too long! I cry when I see man’s inhumanity to his fellow man or woman. I ask myself how much longer will we last on this poor dying planet…. how many generations from now will Mother Earth and God just say Finito ?

• March 31, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Willow I wonder the same thing every day and it makes me sad and it makes me angry to feel so helpless. My hope is that one day with our words and actions we’ll open eyes and ears. Imagine what an enlightened Earth would look like?! Green, Peace, and Harmony :-) Thank you for beautiful comment.

• March 31, 2013 at 4:17 pm

all we can do is to keep on telling it as it is.

5. March 30, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Nobody knows, that’s the fun of it :)
    The ultimate gamble :)
    Treat Life as a test :)
    As long as we try our best to be true to ourselves at the cost of no-other, there should be no guilt :)

• March 31, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I’m marveled by your words and your thoughts. ” As long as we try our best to be true to ourselves at the cost of no-other,” I’ll carry these words with me forever. Thank you :-)

• March 31, 2013 at 4:18 pm

i must admit, i should follow my own advice a bit more often :)

• March 31, 2013 at 4:40 pm

easier said than done sometimes, right! :-)

• April 1, 2013 at 1:07 am

ye, you took the words right outta my mouth :)
        but it’s always good to remember :)

6. March 30, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Why so many questions, Raimy? You have all the answers in your heart. {{{Hugs}}} Kozo

• March 31, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Kozo, I admit that there are times I doubt even my own existence. Like any human, I have moments of doubt, but slowly I’m learning to trust and listen to my heart. I learn from people like you who are constantly trying to a better being. Thanks for your inspiring words. :-)

• March 31, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I have these same doubts, Raimy. In reminding you, I am also reminding myself. I’m trying to “fake it until I make it.” I think if we just keep reminding each other, one day we will all get it. Thanks for reminding us with your questions. {{{hugs}}} Kozo

• March 31, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I love this idea, lets keep reminding each other. You’re so right it is so easy to forget and get lost in our thoughts, but I’m so happy to have people like you there to remind me thank you my friend :-)

7. March 31, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Oh how I wish you attended Bates College. You are the exact student I always hope to have in my Advanced Developmental Seminar: The Search for Meaning and Purpose Across the Lifespan. We dig into so many of these questions, and I think my students sometimes think I’m crazy for wanting to delve into them! I need someone like you around saying, “Yes, these questions are crucially important!” The hardest part is, of course, that there are no answers. We create them for ourselves. And they shift over the course of our dynamic lives.

I for, one, though, disagree with eldinsmille. I need to believe there is more, and so I do.

• April 1, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Wow that is so cool that you’re teaching this, I very much would love to be a student in your class. How lucky your students, I can’t believe they are not jumping for joy being able to take a seminar about their meaning and purpose. I like the idea that we can create our own answers! :-)

8. April 1, 2013 at 7:52 am

I also had all these questions, Raimy, and after years of searching, I gave myself the answers of what I believe is the truth and then I let it go and just lived :)

• April 1, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I really like the idea of giving yourself your own answers, thanks! I think I will stop fretting over right or wrong answers and just choose my own. :-)

9. April 16, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Life is wonderful and its terrible and we know so much and we know nothing and I want to find out about everything around me and how I fit in to all of this and I don’t even know what or who this ‘I’ is that I speak of with every thought. How can I find some solid ground to stand on that doesn’t shift in the next moment? There must be some point in me from which all this spouts out, I say to myself. I have had visions/internal experiences of something which is not of the world or of any world. It is something that just IS but it has no form. It is more like a super-dense consistency of emptiness and all of this that we see and interact with are basically that primordial substance/substratum out of balance. When in its original state of perfect homogeneity it is pure Subject without an object. Our lives are filled up with object-consciousness and very little ‘space’-consciousness. Our lives become more settled and peaceful and full of ‘presence’ the more we are able to open up our subliminal sense organ which can perceive this ever-present emptiness that gives substance to everything in our world. That is my experience. One of the clearest voices for this kind of realization is the subject of my recent post: Gangaji

Thank you for an inspiring post with beautiful questions! In a nutshell: I find questions much more inspiring than answers ;) ☼ tomas ♥

• April 18, 2013 at 6:42 pm

There is so much I can take from your words. I’m so very humbled that you took the time to share these thoughts here. Questions are indeed much more inspiring than answers, I couldn’t agree more. They open certain doors and allow what’s hidden within to flow. I’m very inspired by your words and will be reading Gangaji to learn more. Thanks Tomas :-)

• April 18, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I thank you! ♥ Enjoy yourself! :)